Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Madness


We finally had our first snowstorm of the winter.  Ironically, it was on the first day of March, the month we look forward to spring bulbs and peruse seed catalogs.  Nevertheless, we made good use of our snow day.  Madelyn spent the whole morning outside with her friends sledding, building snow forts and rolling around in the white stuff.   I spent the time making fabric boxes for my kitchen desk cubbies.


Forgot to pics in progress, but I think they turned out well.

The sad thing is that I made these boxes because we're selling our house.  I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I'll get to back to the boxes.  Hubby has a new job out of state.  We're all very distraught over this life-altering decision to move.  The last week or so I've wiped many a tear (mine and the kids) while the closets have been sorted and family photos taken down and boxed.  Right now, I'm taking a break from clearing out the basement.  

About the fabric boxes... With our house going on the market, I didn't want  my bills and correspondences laid out for all the world to see.  So I went to Michael's, JoAnn's, Target, Lowes, and Marshall's.  I couldn't find any baskets or boxes that would fit the cubbies.  Of course, that meant that I had to make something for myself.

Now, back to clearing out the basement.  Anybody want a twenty-year-old potty seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment