Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Little Mismatched

I can't remember when I started them, but I finished a pair of legwarmers last month.  They were probably started before I joined Ravelry.  Looking at a bag of leftover sock yarn balls, I decided to knit them together.  I don't know what I was going to do with it.  It was just a leg-sized tube that I would pick up whenever I was between projects.  Maybe it was going to be a scarf, maybe funky socks.  The difficulty was that all the balls were of different sizes, and weight.

Rummaging through my daughter's drawers (at her request), I came across a pair of legwarmers I knit for her out of self-striping sock yarn.  I remember knitting them during the summer of 2007.  Ravelry hadn't come into my life yet and I was still knitting on dpns.  It took a loooong time to finish those legwarmers because I wanted them to go all the way up E's thighs.  Thankfully, she had skinny legs.  Anyway, when I saw the first legwarmers I knit for E, I decided to make my tube into legwarmers too.  Here are the results:



She's already worn them to dance class and I think her friends would like some too.

No comments:

Post a Comment