Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sweaters for Nieces


I finished sweaters for my two of my adorable nieces. The yarn I used was Knit Picks Swish DK in Peapod and Sugar Plum. I found a pattern in IK's Weekend 2010. In fact, it's the cover sweater. This amazing design ranges from infant size all the way up to adult. It took me less than a month to knit both sweaters. Of course both the little girls are very small...

Choosing the buttons took me longer than actual knitting time! I really wanted the same style of button in different colors for each sweater. There were so many buttons that I liked, but couldn't find a similar one for both projects.















A month after knitting the sweaters, I finally sewed the buttons and posted the pictures on Ravelry. To my surprise, someone favorited my sweater. I clicked on the heart button and found that my green sweater was favorited by someone named Hannah Fettig. Wait! That name sounds familiar... Hannah designed my sweaters! I was thrilled to have my sweater favorited by the actual designer. It really made my day!

I spent the next hour looking at Hannah's other designs. Lo and behold, I have a few of her patterns in my very own favorites file. She wrote Closely Knit: Handmade Gifts for the Ones You Love in 2008. She also has many designs in other publications and magazines and her own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment